Divorce With Respect

Sacramento International And Interstate Custody Lawyers

The attorneys of Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP recognize the high stakes involved when parents during or following a divorce disagree about what is best for their children. Nowhere is the potential for conflict greater than when one parent seeks to move away with children and the other objects. Regardless of the circumstances under which a divorce was finalized, these difficult cases often result in bitter disagreement, clouding the judgment of both parties.

Our attorneys are here to provide guidance and clarity in these important and often emotionally driven disputes. We view our role as helping our clients uphold their rights through the legal process while ensuring that their children’s well-being is preserved.

Our firm handles cases involving international child custody disputes in addition to representing clients with interstate disputes. Call our office at 916-603-2913 to arrange a confidential consultation with an experienced lawyer.

California Attorneys For Parental Relocation And Move-Away Cases

When considering whether to authorize a custodial parent to move away with his or her children, a court will consider many factors. These include:

  • The distance of the move
  • The custodial parent’s reason for the proposed move
  • The children’s ages (and, in certain cases, the children’s wishes as well)
  • The children’s relationship with both parents
  • The children’s interest in stability and continuity in the present custodial arrangement

While it is seldom possible to completely remove emotions from these situations, we strive to give our clients the best footing to have a court reach a decision in their favor when considering whether to approve or deny a move-away.

Contact Bartholomew & Wasznicky LLP

Our Sacramento interstate custody attorneys are committed to protecting our clients’ interests and their children’s well-being at every stage of divorce proceedings. Arrange a confidential consultation by calling 916-603-2913 or send an email.